For players starting their AJGA career, the Junior Golf Hub Preview Series is a great place to begin this spring!
The Junior Golf Hub Preview Series is designed specifically for AJGA members who have not yet played/been accepted to an AJGA tournament. This series, conducted during the spring, offers these new and returning members the opportunity to start building Performance Based Entry status before application deadlines arrive for summer Open and ACDS Junior All-Star Series events.
Here are five things to know about the Junior Golf Hub Preview Series:
- Many current and former AJGA players got their start in the Junior Golf Hub Preview Series. Series alumni include Billy Horschel, Harris English, Bud Cauley, Morgan Hoffmann, Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed, Smylie Kaufman and Rachel Morris, as well as past Rolex Junior Players of the Year Andrea Lee, Alison Lee and Brian Harman. Aaron Wise, the men’s 2016 NCAA individual champion, began his AJGA career at a Preview event in 2012 with a top-10 finish.
- Events in the Junior Golf Hub Preview Series do NOT count towards a player’s maximum of five tournaments per year.
- The Junior Golf Hub Preview Series consists of 15 events in the spring with almost 1,200 playing opportunities. Events are held in nine different states and include three that are exclusive to members ages 12-15.
- Members can earn up to eight Performance Stars in Junior Golf Hub Preview Series events.
- Tournament spots are filled by high school graduation year, oldest to youngest.