How to Play in the AJGA
Getting Started with the AJGA virtual presentation
- Join as a playing member
- Send in acceptable Proof of Age which must be received prior to submitting any applications to AJGA events.
- Check to see if you have earned any Performance Based Entry (PBE) status and report to Player Services.
- Apply to any AJGA events you are interested in, but be realistic if you have not yet earned any PBE status. Use the “entry point” events conducted by the AJGA to start earning PBE.
Follow these guidelines:
- Apply to IMG Academy Preseason Series tournaments before each application deadline – juniors who have never played in an AJGA tournament are the priority group for these tournament spots.
- Apply to PBE Qualifiers before each application deadline – juniors who have played the fewest number of AJGA events are the priority group for these playing spots.
- Apply to AJGA Qualifiers during each event’s application window – juniors who are not already in the associated Open tournament are the priority group for these playing spots.
Members who have already earned Performance Based Entry status should target the following tournaments (others should apply, but be realistic about acceptance):
- If you are under 16, apply to Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy Junior All-Star tournaments before each application deadline – applicants who have earned the highest number of Performance Stars will gain entry.
- Apply to Open tournaments before each application deadline - applicants who have earned the highest number of Performance Stars will gain entry.
- If you are not accepted into the Open tournament, apply to its associated AJGA Qualifier during the application window to compete for a spot in the Open tournament field.