The AJGA recommends the standard Junior Membership for those who have not yet reached their sophomore year of high school.
To service the various needs of junior golfers, the AJGA provides three levels of membership
The Junior Plus Membership is ideal for high school sophomores and juniors who are looking to earn college golf scholarships. It is available to all junior golfers, although seniors may not derive the full benefit of this membership. Younger players may wish to become Junior Plus Members in order to better prepare themselves for the recruiting process yet to come.
The Future Player Membership is a non-playing membership for those who are either not old enough to compete in AJGA events or have no intention of applying to play in AJGA events. This offers an opportunity for younger players to keep abreast of AJGA events and programs.
AJGA Player Services can provide guidance to help juniors select the appropriate membership level.
2014 Membership Levels and Prices (Subject to change)
Junior Membership - $215
**Includes USGA Member ID card, Personalized Bag Tag, USGA Rules of Golf Book, Rules of Golf Shortcuts Booklet and USGA Member Insider e-Newsletter. Items will be sent from the USGA.
- AJGA Bag Tag and Sticker
- AJGA Quick Reference Guide
- Expanded PING Guide/Golfstat Program (Courtesy of PING)
- Player profile and results listed on AJGA Coaches Corner website
- AJGA logo hat
- Discounted rounds of golf
- One-year subscription to Golfweek Digital
- One-year subscription to Golf World Digital and Golf Digest Magazine
- One-year USGA Junior Membership**
- Exclusive discounts and promotions in the AJGA Player Center
- Online applications to AJGA tournaments and qualifiers
- Subscription to The Insider digital magazine
- Subscription to Global Golf Post
- AJGA Roadmap (tournament planning tool)
- Player Services Educational Series
- Recruiting Rundown Series
Junior Plus Membership- $285*
All services listed in the AJGA Junior Membership above plus:
*A player can upgrade to Junior Plus Membership from Junior Membership for $70 at anytime throughout the year.
- Expanded AJGA Player Profile
- Mental Golf Workshop Profile
- Access to "AJGA's College Recruiting Live" presentation series
- Ability to have swing videos taped at any AJGA event, which will be posted in the Coaches Corner website
Note: Membership package subject to change
Future Player Membership - $95
All services of AJGA Junior Membership (listed above)
International memberships include an additional $25 to cover mailing costs. International/Canadian membership/tournament fees must be paid in U.S. currency drawn against a U.S. Bank.
Membership Policies and Procedures
Members should be aware of the following policies:
1. Players may sign up for Junior or Junior Plus Membership before their 12th birthday. However, they must be at least 12 years of age to participate in an AJGA event. Future Player Membership (non-playing) is open to anyone under the age of 19. AJGA Membership expires Nov. 30, 2014. Those members who have graduated from high school may only play until September 1st of the season directly following high school graduation, regardless of age and/or members may not play in an AJGA event if they have reached their 19th birthday, regardless of graduation date. Any member who has graduated high school and started college is not eligible to play in AJGA events.
2. Proof-of-age documentation will be required for the 2014 season.
3. You may become an AJGA member securely and conveniently by paying with a credit card via the website.
4. AJGA membership does not guarantee acceptance into an AJGA tournament.
5. After your membership has been processed, the membership dues are non-refundable.
6. AJGA members are allowed to play in a combined total of five AJGA Open tournaments and Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy Junior All-Star Series events. NOTE: Members may compete in a maximum of four Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy Junior All-Star Series tournaments per season. Invitationals and IMG Academy Preseason Series events do not count toward this total.
7. Upon receipt of membership application, the AJGA will e-mail confirmation to each 2014 member. Members will also be mailed a membership packet with other membership benefit items.
8. The AJGA will post finalized tournament fields at ajga.org the Friday following the tournament deadline. It is the member's responsibility to find tournament fields at ajga.org.
9. 2014 Tournament Fees:
IMG Academy Preseason Series Tournament - $210
Gary Gilchrist Golf Academy Junior All-Star Series Tournament - $260
AJGA Qualifier - $95 (Non-AJGA members - $120)
PBE Qualifier $95
AJGA Open Tournament - $280
AJGA Invitational - $360
10. The AJGA holds the rights to its members' names and likenesses for publicity and promotional purposes. AJGA members' names and likeness will be protected for amateur status and eligibility under the guidelines of the USGA and the NCAA.
Click here to become a 2014 member.