AJGA Proof-of-Age Policy (2016)
All participants must submit proof-of-age documentation to the AJGA in order to apply to tournaments and/or AJGA Qualifiers.
Proof-of-Age Submission Guidelines (needed ONLY before applying to the first AJGA event during the member’s first season with the AJGA):
- Please mail or email a photocopy of an acceptable proof-of-age document.
- Include the AJGA Member ID on the photocopy.
- No faxes will be accepted.
- Players can login to the Player Center at ajga.org to determine if their proof-of-age documentation has been received and accepted.
Acceptable Forms of Proof-of-Age Documentation:
- Birth certificate (original or Certified Copy), passport (page containing name and date of birth), driver’s license, learner’s permit are acceptable forms of proof of age. Only one document is needed.
- For children born abroad of a parent or parents who are U.S. citizens, any official government document issued by a U.S. federal agency or service is acceptable.
Unacceptable Forms of Proof-of-Age Documentation:
- School ID
- Resident card
The AJGA reserves the right to accept or reject any proof-of-age documentation not listed above.
Certified birth records may be obtained from the Registrar of Vital Statistics of each state, province, or local office where the child was born, for a nominal fee. For U.S. born persons, addresses of these offices or bureaus, fees required, and other pertinent information are supplied by the United States Department of Health and Human Services. A database listing the method of obtaining birth records from any U.S. state or territory is available at the following Internet addresses:
Please send all proof-of-age documentation and include the AJGA member's ID number to:
American Junior Golf Association
Attention: Player Services
1980 Sports Club Drive
Braselton, GA 30517
All questions and concerns may be directed to the AJGA Player Services Department by calling 770-868-4200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org