Stemming off the success of the inaugural unsigned male seniors event in 2012, the AJGA will offer playing opportunities for 78 boys and 72 girls to compete in front of college coaches in December. The AJGA Boys Senior Championship and the AJGA Girls Senior Championship will be conducted in Las Vegas, Dec. 6-8. The Mountain Course at Angel Park Golf Club will host the boys event, while the girls field will compete at Stallion Mountain Golf Club.
The events will coincide with the timing of the Golf Coaches Association of America (GCAA) men’s coaches convention and the Women’s Golf Coaches Association (WCGA) convention held annually in Las Vegas, and will provide one last look at seniors available for recruitment in the 2014 season.
“These senior events are the AJGA Mission Statement in action,” said Mark Oskarson, AJGA Chief Operations Officer. “After the success of the 2012 event and positive feedback from juniors and coaches, we are excited to expand with a girls event this year.”
Applicants for these events must meet the following criteria:
- 2013 or 2014 high school graduates who are less than 20 years old for the duration of the tournament
- Current AJGA membership for 2013 or 2014 season
- Tournament field to be filled based on Performance Based Entry status
- Tournament applicants (2013 and 2014 graduates only may apply) must not have committed (verbally or in writing) to a college at the time of application or before the tournament starts. These players will be removed from the tournament field (or the applicant list if the tournament field has not yet been finalized).
- A player who is accepted to the tournament field and subsequently signs a National Letter of Intent during the Nov. 13-20, 2013 signing period will be removed from the tournament field.
To apply, please complete the application here.